West Park belongs to the Yorkshire Synod
of the United Reformed Church in the
Formerly a Congregational Church, the members voted in 1972 to join the new amalgamation of Congregationalists, Presbyterians and later the Churches of Christ, to become the United Reformed Church in the United Kingdom.
The present building was opened in 1862 and a full history of the Church from its beginning is given in the Historical Account.
We seek to promote a high standard of worship through preaching, Bible study and music in a fairly informal atmosphere.
West Park's newsletter, The Messenger, is published six times a year and features news, views, concerns and forthcoming events.